The Gympie Region Volunteer Centre assists prospective, new and current volunteers, builds community capacity, strengthens community partnerships and aims to increase the use of shared resources within Gympie region.
The Centre is located at Yah’Ning Place 2/107 Mary St Gympie and currently operates three days a week. It provides outreach services throughout the Gympie region.
What is volunteering?
The new definition of volunteering in Australia: ‘Volunteering’ is time willingly given for the common good without financial gain. (Volunteering Australia, 2015).
Aims of the Centre
The Gympie Region Volunteer Centre aims to:
- increase the level of volunteering within the Gympie region;
- enhance community knowledge about volunteering and needs of volunteers;
- develop and build Gympie region’s capacity to better support volunteers and share community resources;
- enhance collaborative partnerships and cross sector collaboration between community, non-profit, corporate and government sectors;
- build community resilience;
- develop sustainable growth of the volunteer sector in Gympie region.
Gympie Region Volunteer Centre has developed a one stop shop for prospective and current volunteers to:
- learn about opportunities in volunteerism;
- register for volunteer opportunities;
- connect, feel included and be recognised as valued, contributing members of the community;
- seek support, information and training in skills to enhance the volunteer experience.
Target groups include potential volunteers, new volunteers, youth volunteers, over 55 volunteers and existing volunteers and includes people with disabilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, unemployed people, particularly disengaged youth, seniors and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Seeking further information about volunteer opportunities in our community?
For individuals seeking volunteer opportunities and local organisations seeking volunteers to fill existing or new roles, please contact Gympie Region Volunteer Centre Coordinator Cassandra Elstob on 0408 992 822 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gympie Region Volunteer Centre uses Volunteering Queensland’s LINKKI system to advertise our volunteer opportunities. Click on this link to see the current volunteer opportunities available in the Gympie region.